PHOTO SHOOTS AND FILM CREWS
Dungeness is a unique area and is favoured by many fashion shoots and film crews. However, Dungeness is also a private estate and a National Nature Reserve. The Dungeness wildlife is sensitive and fragile, while residents live in the 90 houses on the point.
Dungeness is a Site of Special Scientific Interest therefore you could be liable to a fine of up to £20,000 if, without reasonable excuse, you intentionally or recklessly destroy, damage or disturb the flora, fauna or shingle ridges.
You must follow the Code of Practice:
1. When planning filming you must obtain permission of the Landowner before filming or photographing at Dungeness.
Telephone Number – 0844 7369654 (24hr Helpdesk)
Booking Website – http://www.dungenessestate.co.uk
Email – email@example.com
2. After you have obtained permission, but before you start filming, you must contact the Romney Marsh Countryside Project (RMCP) to agree the details of filming and check it does not damage the National Nature Reserve. Contact Owen Leyshon,
Romney Marsh Day Centre, Rolfe Lane,
New Romney, Romney Marsh,
Kent. TN28 8JR
Telephone: 01797 367934
Owen’s mobile number: 07770 670316
3. While filming you must:
• Follow any additional guidelines given to you by the Romney Marsh Countryside Project
• Respect the privacy of the people who live and work at Dungeness
• Not disrupt the daily routines of the residents and local fishermen
• Keep noise to a low level
• Must not park, drive across or onto the shingle under any circumstances, this applies to all vehicles
• Not park in tracks to the entrances of houses
4. When you leave you must take all your rubbish away and dispose of it correctly.